“How to make Paneer Bhurji At Home like Pro”
Paneer bhurji is a popular Indian dish made with crumbled paneer, onions, tomatoes, and spices. It is a savory dish that is often served as a snack or light meal. The name “bhurji” means “scrambled” in Hindi, and this dish is essentially a scrambled paneer.
The origin of paneer bhurji is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana. It is a popular dish in many parts of India, and it is also enjoyed in other countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
- 200 grams paneer, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until they start to crackle.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green chili and ginger-garlic paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder and stir to combine.
- Add the paneer and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- To make the paneer bhurji even more flavorful, you can add some chopped vegetables like carrots, peas, or bell peppers.
- If you want a thicker bhurji, you can add a little bit of cornflour or gram flour to the mixture.
- To prevent the paneer from becoming dry, do not cook it for too long.
- Serve the paneer bhurji hot with roti, naan, or paratha.
To make paneer bhurji like a pro, here are some tips:
- Use fresh, high-quality paneer.
- Do not overcook the paneer, or it will become dry and tough.
- Add the spices to the pan towards the end of cooking, so that they do not lose their flavor.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves for a fresh, flavorful touch.
I hope this recipe helps you make a delicious and authentic paneer bhurji!