How to make restaurant style crispy baby corn at home with easy tips and tricks
Baby corn is a delicious and versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in many different ways. One of the most popular ways to prepare baby corn is to fry it until it is crispy and golden brown. This dish is a popular appetizer or side dish in many Asian cuisines, but it is also easy to make at home.
- 250 grams baby corn
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Wash the baby corn and trim off the ends.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Add the baby corn to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat enough oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat to come about an inch up the sides of the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the baby corn to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the baby corn from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips and tricks for making perfect crispy baby corn:
- Use a light-flavored oil for frying, such as canola or vegetable oil.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when frying the baby corn. This will lower the temperature of the oil and make the baby corn soggy.
- Fry the baby corn in batches, if necessary.
- Do not overcook the baby corn, or it will become tough.
- Serve the baby corn immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are some additional tips for making crispy baby corn:
- For extra crispy baby corn, double the amount of cornstarch in the batter.
- To make sure that the baby corn is cooked through before frying, you can blanch it in boiling water for 1-2 minutes before coating it in the batter.
- If you are frying a large batch of baby corn, you can keep the cooked baby corn warm in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven while you finish frying the rest.
- You can also bake baby corn in the oven for a healthier option. To do this, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and toss the baby corn with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the baby corn out on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Dipping sauce ideas:
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic sauce
- Plum sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing
Crispy baby corn is a delicious and easy-to-make snack or appetizer. With a few simple tips, you can make crispy baby corn at home that is just as good as what you would get at a restaurant.