“How to make restaurant style Paneer tikka at home”
Paneer tikka is a popular Indian dish made from cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) that are marinated in a blend of spices and then grilled. It is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for parties or as a light snack.
250 grams paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup hung curd (yogurt)
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Firstly cut paneer, capcicum, onion and Tomato into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the paneer, hung curd, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well to coat the paneer.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Now take wooden sticks and assemble paneer, onion, capcicum and tomato.
- When ready to cook, heat a grill pan or grill over medium heat.
- Skewer the paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
Tips for making perfect paneer tikka:
- Use good quality paneer. The paneer should be firm and crumbly.
- Use full-fat yogurt for the marinade. The yogurt will help to tenderize the paneer and add flavor.
- Marinate the paneer for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight. This will allow the flavors to infuse into the paneer.
- Grill the paneer over medium heat. This will help to prevent the paneer from drying out.
- Serve the paneer tikka hot. This will help to preserve the flavors.
Here are some additional tips:
- You can add other vegetables to the marinade, such as onions, peppers, or mushrooms.
- You can also add some extra spices to the marinade, such as cumin seeds, coriander seeds, or cardamom pods.
- If you don’t have a grill pan, you can cook the paneer tikka in a pan on the stovetop. Just heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the paneer cubes for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
I hope this recipe helps you to make perfect paneer tikka at home!